Being a woman is joyous. That is my statement for today and I’m sticking to it. The reason being that we are never one person at one time in our lives. Change is and also will be a women’s provocative.
I have been many women within my years, from the gold clad, jogging bottom wearing, pony tailed youth who hung around on street corners looking ‘cool’, to the black Goth who was unsurprisingly relishing in being miserable and moody. These childhood years spent experimenting with my image, too much the amusement of myself when the family albums are uncovered, have opened the world of fashion and personal awareness that would not have been possible today.
I have now honed my images down to a certain few and they come to light depending on my feelings and prospected occasion for that day. For instance when dining with MR B on a Saturday night a certain Vamp appeal rises over me and I emerge from my dressing room red lipped and bodied conned to an inch on my life. At the weekend the laid back 50’s style of sweethearts and summer frolics fulfils my senses and inspiration taking from Butlins summer camps and candy floss infuses into pastel cardigans and brightly coloured slacs, with plimp soles and canvas inappropriately strewn onto my soft flesh.
MR B has it good, where as I fell in love with that suit and tie, the shiny shoes and power, which unmistakably is worn day in and day out, even to the Zoo! He has a different fiancée every day. I am a mass of characters fighting for recognition and they plead with my consciousness every morning praying that they will jewel my body and be the star of the day.
So here I am today, 50’s style hairdo, slacs and cardigan, looking not out of place in an afternoon tea parade in Soho. And tomorrow, as my sub consciousness already scans my wardrobe contents like the unknown preciousness of Pandora’s box, I relish in finding new inspiration from the old and revamping myself as the years escape me.
Here’s to tomorrow and the ever-changing woman.

What will I wear tomorrow?
No comments:
Post a Comment